Tuesday, February 12, 2013

stress dreams and gut punches

i feel like i've already written about the dream part,
but you'll get it again
and you'll like it...

you know that stress dream
that's always referred to in movies or tv???
the one where you show up to school
or work
naked???
my stress dream is always
that i show up to school,
always westhampton beach high school,
and i can't remember my locker combination...
and i have to go to the office
and get someone to help me...
and it's always the janitor
from my elementary school
in texas that helps me...
i haven't had a locker for anything since
my high school days...
so now that i'm a gym member,
that just sounds weird,
i have a lock that i take with me
so that i can put all my important
belongings in a locker while i'm there...
you know - my phone and gum...
anyway...
there i sit talking with the trainer yesterday
and all i can think of is my lock combination...
O
M
G
my stress dream is going to play itself out in real life...
the first time i've been in this gym
and i'm gonna need the janitor from
my elementary school to cut the lock off...
i just keep repeating the combo in my head...
i'm great with numbers but
i'm so afraid that i'll forget...
and then there's another number in front of me...
43%...
jason,
little trainer boy,
has just measured by body fat...
holy crap on a cracker...
did someone just punch me???
it's bad...
it's real bad...
i knew...
how could i not...
that's why i'm here...
but to see it defined by a number...
in black and white...
while some cute boy looks at me
and says - yeah we gotta fix that...
well...
IT
IS
ON

No comments:

Post a Comment