Saturday, April 6, 2013

the 'c' word

no...
not that one...

on friday 3/29
i had surgery to remove a cyst from
one of my ovaries and do
an ablation...
he ended up removing that ovary
and part of my fallopian tubes...
he found some growth on my other ovary
that he pulled for a biopsy and a
polyp that he pulled for a biopsy
as well...
test results yesterday show that
i have a pre-cancerous tumor on
my remaining ovary and the beginnings
of endometrial uterine cancer...
he has referred me to a new doctor...
named elvis :)
hk and i meet him
monday 4/15
to set a game plan
and schedule a hysterectomy...
while he's in there he'll
take a look around to see
if anything else looks weird and see if
we need to biopsy anything else...
my ob/gyn thinks that we caught it
early enough that i should be fine...
might need radiation,
maybe chemo,
but we'll know more later
after meeting elvis...

so that's what's up...
i'll be sure to keep blogging
and keep everyone up to date...

i know i'll be just fine,
i am jess
and i am awesome!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yep. Awesome is Jess. You def got this...love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of Jess when I hear the word awesome, in fact they should just change the flipping word already in the dictionary. Stay tough, fight hard and remain awesome. Love you bunches Jess. Clare.

    ReplyDelete