Thursday, March 28, 2013

facebook "friends"

all of my facebook
"friends"
are people that i would actually be real
friends with in real life...
i've completely blocked one person...
i've hidden a few people from
showing up on my news feed
because i just don't care about what they 
constantly post about
but i still want to be able to keep up
with them, just on my own time...
i've de-friended,
(or is it un-friended???)
one person, only
to become friends with them
again at a later date...
just like in real life...

this morning on my way into work
i started thinking about all this talk
about gay marriage...
all the red hrc logos all over my 
facebook feed...
and i smiled because
MY facebook feed had stayed positive...
MY facebook feed was full of red
and support
and love...
sure, there's negativity out there...
but not on MY facebook feed...
it was on links and blogs and comments on
other pages...
but MY facebook feed was positive...
and that made my heart smile,
because i have awesome
friends and family...

but just a few moments ago
i saw where a "friend" posted something
negative about gay marriage...
hiding behind their bible...
stating that god said same sex marriage is wrong...
i de/un-friended them immediately...
if you don't think that i have the same rights
as you, if i'm a lesser citizen of this country
because of who i love, then i don't want to
be friends with you... 
on the interwebs or in real life...
so if you think that heather and i
shouldn't ever have the right to be married
STOP READING NOW!!!
go de/un-friend me on facebook
and let's go our separate ways...
we don't want your kind around here...

are they gone???

i just want deserve what everybody else wants deserves...
the same rights...
no less...
no more...
one day heather and i will get married...
i don't know when...
but it will happen...
and when it does
we will want deserve the same rights as my parents had...
i mean seriously???
how is this still an issue???

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten a good answer to the following question: How can loving someone be a "sin"?
    That friend that was hiding behind the bible was not a real Christian. Real Christians (Are there any?) wouldn't judge. Also didn't Jesus teach Love thy Neighbor? That passage about homosexuality being an abomination is in Leviticus, the Old Testament. Who reads that crap?
    I agree with you. How the Hell is this even a debate? I will always support/defend your right to enter into marriage with Heather and I hope you consider me a friend because I always liked you, kid. Stay positive and good job on the 3K. Hope to see you at the Midsummer Night's Run in August!

    ReplyDelete