Tuesday, March 26, 2013

oh those silly gays

big stuff happening for the gay community...
win or lose
it's a big day...
i can't believe all the red all over facebook...
i can't believe all of the supportive posts
and pictures
and comments...
i am simply amazed...
not that my friends and family
are that supportive...
but that i'm lucky enough to call 
these people friends and family...
old friends and new friends...
aunts and uncles...
cousins and second cousins...
step sisters and step brothers in law...
dogs and cats...
friends that are family
and
family that are friends...

i would like to send out a 
very very very big,
from the bottom of my heart,
makes me smile from ear to ear,
thanks...

people have been kicked out of homes...
lost their entire families...
been beaten...
been killed...
over something so stupid as
who they love...
aren't there more important things to
worry about than
who i kiss goodnight???
i think about when i first came out
and the love and support
and the
"sha whatever...  like we didn't know???" response
i got from my parents 
and i just have to be so thankful for that...
so thankful that i never had to hide who i was 
around my family...
thankful that the
"kids" in my family
all grew up around me
and i never had to hide who i was 
or who i loved...
and i think they all turned out pretty ok...
and i see those same "kids"
changing their profile pictures
to the red hrc logo...
and i know
that's another generation growing up
to be just as awesome as their parents are...
and raising their kids to
be just as awesome as they are
and to be more concerned with
the more important things in life...
and that,
my friends,
warms my heart and makes me 
happier than you can ever imagine...

so to all those people in my life
that couldn't care less that
i'm a lesbian -
i thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment