Monday, March 25, 2013

the shamrock shuffle

as stated in a previous blog,
i changed things up this year for
st pat's day...
i ran the shamrock shuffle,
which was my first
official race...
i have to admit that i was a little nervous...
for a few reasons...
i have never participated in a race like this before...
i wasn't sure how fast or slow i would run it...
i didn't want to let myself down...
i started the race at the back of the pack,
just in front of the
walkers and shufflers...
my adrenaline was pumping
and i had to make myself slow down...
i was just so excited that i got ahead of myself...
so i slowed down and found my own pace...
about halfway through the race i thought to myself
"what have i gotten myself into???"
but as the finish line came in to view
i was able to pick up my pace
and i finished as fast as my legs would go...
i finished right about the middle of the pack
and beat the time i had in my head...
by a lot...
my hk and lac were there at the finish line
to greet me with,
what else,
doughnuts...
mmmmm doughnuts
celebratory doughnut
because how else would we celebrate
reaching a goal of mine???
oh that's right...
beer...
celebratory beer
thanks to hk and lac
for being there at the finish line...
i've never been more proud of myself
than i was at that moment
and i'm glad you were there
to share with me...

and now it's on to my first 5k...
kiki and i will be running the
color in motion
on may 11th...
just in time for mother's day...

No comments:

Post a Comment