Friday, July 26, 2013

listen

i was supposed to go to the gym this morning...
i didn't make it
and here's why,
in my own
roundabout way...

most mornings
when that alarm goes off
my body is up and ready to go...
but my mind???
well that's another story...
my mind tells me
to pull the covers over my head...
to cuddle up to hk...
just go back to sleep...

but eventually my body wins...
my body talks my mind
into dragging my sorry ass
out of bed
and into the gym...
and my mind is thankful
for it... 
eventually...

but this morning
my body revolted...
my mind was ready...
but my body was not...
i was sore...
i was stiff...
i did some strength training monday...
i ran 36 minutes straight tuesday...
i did a 50 minute spin class wednesday...
i did even more intense strength training thursday...
my body said
"aw hell no"
and if I have learned anything
during this evolution,
it's that you 
MUST
listen to your body...
so i got an extra
hour and a half of sleep...
and my body is thankful
that i listened to my mind...

they sometimes disagree,
my mind and body...
but when push comes to shove,
they know what's right...

i just need to listen to the right one...

1 comment:

  1. The National Breast Cancer Foundation is launching a game (Mar 2015 – Apr 2016) to promote Breast Cancer Awareness (NBCF) while having some fun.


    Product: The product is a soft white stress ball with the NBCF logo and the words “YOU JUST GOT SMILED” written across the top. This ball symbolizes a smile.


    How it works: There are two types of people in this game, “Smilers” and “Receivers”.


    SENDERS (a.k.a. SMILERS) are the ones that visit our page and purchase a stress ball and "send" it to a friend. Sending a ball to a friend instantly tags them to do the following actions covered in the "receiver" section below.


    RECEIVERS (a.k.a. SMILEES) are people that receive the stress ball. It is their responsibility to take a "selfie" of themselves smiling and share the picture to the Instagram @SendAStressBall. The more smiles you share the better everyone feels.

    Your Role: We would be honored if you visit our site www.SendAStressball.com and purchase a stress ball for a friend.

    Website: www.SendAStressBall.com

    Instagram: @SendAStressBall Twitter: @SendAStressBall YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvkFhA0vBMnsK1oSCmY8sw

    ReplyDelete