Monday, May 14, 2012

and so it begins...

so here's the deal
starting to run
starting to eat better
NO
i'm not going vegan
i would like to try to eat more of a vegan diet
more veggies
less crap
YES
i do know that
cows are not part of a vegan diet
but i will be eating them
trust me on that
i'm just trying to eat healthier
so please don't jump to conclusions when i say
VEGAN
in my best jerry seinfeld voice
"not that there's anything wrong with that"

 peep this pic from many many moons ago

to be young and skinny again
while i am aware that i will never look like i did in this pic
i will definitely feel like i did in this pic

i will be posting and updating about my journey
from the couch to running a 5k
which
BTDUBS
i have already signed up to run a 5k on july 21st
so i weighed myself this morning
and
started my journey
i will not be posting my weight on here
not because i'm ashamed
i learned a long time ago
to never be ashamed of who i am
but because i don't think that this journey is about weight
this is about being healthy
feeling comfortable in my own skin
sticking around for a really long time
just feeling better about life overall

so this morning
i woke up at dark:30
got dressed
ran/walked in the rain
by the end of it
i was tired
not gonna lie
but i stuck it out
i made it through my first run/walk
legs are a little tight and sore
as i move around the office today
but i expected that
but let me tell you
I
FEEL
AWESOME
just taking this first step to a healthier me
and when heather gets home
i am going to count on her to help me with
healthy eating options
she's better at the researching part
and i'm better at the cooking part
pretty good team if you ask me

so watch out world
here comes big Rhonda!!!

1 comment: