Wednesday, May 23, 2012

and to think that i saw it on mulberry street

what an absolutely beautiful morning to go running
it was about 55 degrees
foggy
sun was just barely up
it was a pretty damn good run
my legs don't hurt today
today
they feel like jello
weak
but at least they don't hurt

i have done this 5 days now
here's some of the fun stuff i have seen
imagine this being said in the voice of a little kid
because that's how i hear it in my own head

- a dog
i called him roger

- a spider
i didn't call him anything
i stayed away from him
he was big
and hairy
and just hanging out on the side of the road

- two yellow finches
not sure if they were
playing
fighting
or
ahem
something else that bees do also

- some garbage
a label off a bottle of water
i picked it up
why you ask
because i can't have this on my conscience

litter bug

- an old man
shuffling down his driveway to get the paper
it was towards the end of my run
so he was probably moving faster than i was

- spider web

i liked this one so much
that after my run
when i got back in my truck
i drove back here
just to snap some pics
i wonder where the owner was
i wonder if it was the same spider i saw the other day
the two spots weren't very far apart
well
to me they weren't
to a spider
they probably were
so it probably wasn't

ok
bye

No comments:

Post a Comment