Tuesday, May 29, 2012

memorial day weekend and such

monday being memorial day
hk and i went to see loyd
flowers courtesy of my brother's garden
thanks johnny

but
before we went to see loyd
it was time for a run
even on a day off
that alarm went off at
5:30
day 1
week 3
run 90 seconds
walk 90 seconds
run 3 minutes
walk 3 minutes
repeat
well
i made it through the first set
on the second
run of 90 seconds
my lungs quit on me
the rest of my body
was
ready
willing
and able
but my lungs couldn't hang
so i walked pretty much the rest of the way
pissed
because my body quit on me
because i let myself get this way
because i made myself this way
because i drank too much this weekend
because i ate too much crap this weekend
pissed at myself
but that's behind me
that's over
i can't change that
move on and fix it
so
i'm moving on
and
i'm fixing it
so i ate good and healthy yesterday
even went out to dinner and had a
SALAD
and only a salad
i know right
and yoga
yup
yoga's on the horizon
and today i actually said
i'm looking forward to it
it's even in print
it really happened
so tomorrow's a new day
the alarm will go off at 5:30
and i'll run
and i'll run
and i'll run
and if i think i'm gonna die
then i'll walk
but i know that each time i run
i'll make it a little bit farther than
the time before
because i'm not quitting
no matter how much my lungs and i
fight about it
i will win

oh
and here's what hk and i had for dinner tonight
this is the one i made
here's a link to the recipe
deliciousness
and
OH
EM
GEE
it was so stinking good
the only thing i would do different is
add some shredded carrot
for crunch
and
because i love carrots

now i relax
to get ready to kick running's ass tomorrow morning...

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself, the important thing is that you got out there and kept going, even when the going got tough. It's funny how you don't realize the effect of other areas of your life that will impact a run, but when you figure it out, and listen to your body, it's pretty great. Cross training helped me a lot as well, biking specifically, one of our coaches told me it loosens up your hip flexors (?) and helps with stride, plus, that and yoga, are a nice change of pace for ya. Proud of you, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jen on this one. Don't beat yourself. Just like you say in the end, tomorrow you'll run, and you'll keep running because you are gonna do this. If you have any questions about this be sure to contact Uncle Mike and Aunt Chris. They have been running marathons for years and they know all there is to know about it. I'm proud of you. Luv you. Don't stop. You're gonna make it.

    ReplyDelete